Presidential Proclamation No. 212 declares the first week of September of every year as Philippine Councilors Week. Listed below are suggested programs and activities that your Island/Council/Federation/Chapter may undertake in line with our adopted theme: “YOUR PCL: GIVING LIFE, MEANING AND SUBSTANCE TO LOCAL AUTONOMY AND DECENTRALIZATION OF POWERS”.
• Activities enumerated in Proclamation No. 212
• Medical, Dental and other Outreach Projects
• Forum on Federalism, Local Autonomy and Decentralization
• Sponsorship of Monday Convocation (Flag Ceremony)
• Holding of Ecumenical/ Interfaith activities
• Sportsfest/ Fun Run
• Tree Planting/ Growing
• Lecture on Effective Legislation/ Quasi-judicial Functions of Sanggunians
• Forum on Climate Change Adaptation/ Disaster Risk Reduction & Management
• Info Drive on Latest Legislative Measures
• Increase awareness thru motorcade, tarpaulins, media interviews, etc.
Your National Office would appreciate the submission of your post activity report for informative and recognition purposes, thru our national secretariat.
We further invite you to volunteer in our Outreach Project at the HOSPICIO DE SAN JOSE shelter for the homeless, Ayala Bridge, Quiapo Manila on September 4, 2016 at 8:00 AM.
Happy PCL Week at Mabuhay ang mga Konsehal ng Pilipinas!